Map of Tenerife - All seven of the Canary Islands are very
close to each other so you can just hop over to any of the other
islands at any time.
And if you're renting a car all you have to do is drive it on and off the ferry. It's really convenient! This way you don't waste any time at airports.
Plus major car rentals usually let you drop off the car at any of the other seven islands. That way you can just fly home from another island if you wish.
To get your way around Tenerife just download and print out our Google Maps Book of Tenerife (download pdf). Its only 7 pages!
This Small Size map of Tenerife will allow you to get to all major towns and cities as well as beaches.
So take full advantage of it...and explore Tenerife!
There's lots to do in Tenerife...here we've only listed some "must
1) Teide National Park: The volcano of Teide is the 3rd highest (3,718 m) in the world and it's last erupted in 1909!
On your way up you can stop at Vilaflor village. Or you can take the Cable from the terminal station of "La Rambleta" which takes you right up. Adults are €25 and children are €12.50 return.
2) La Orotava: is one of the oldest towns in Tenerife and its rich in traditional Canarian architecture. Good example of this is "Casa de los Balcones" and its courtyards. You also have to visit the Church Iglesia de la Concepción.
3) Puerto de la Cruz: was originally La Orotava's port, but has now grown itself into one of the most popular towns in Tenerife.
Here you should visit its Portside, its Church of Nuestra Señora
de La Peña de Francia (
long name for a church!), its
beach of Playa Jardín and the Botanical Gardens
and if you haven't watched the Oscar winning documentary "The Cove" you might want to visit (or not) the biggest dolphinarium in Europe -Loro Parque.
4) Santa Cruz de Tenerife: is of course another must as its the islands capital! And if you have time try to visit the small port of San Andrés and Las Teresitas Beach
5) Los Cristianos and Playa de las Americas are two popular tourist destinations you should also visit.
Now you can just download this map and start discoving this beautiful island!
And if you've found this website helpful...please help others by sharing
your ow experience with all of us. Send us an email! We'll post it right
here. Thanks ; )